Alright friends – here goes my first ever recipe post! I discovered this Simple Spinach Burgers recipe via Pinterest (www.thevillagecook.com) and with a few little personal tweaks, it has quickly become one of my go-to healthy meals for when I’m feeling a little lazy in the kitchen (which is often, tbh).
I’ve been literally telling everyone at work about this simple spinach burgers recipe and couldn’t wait to share it with my friend, Nicole of The Styled Rabbit, once I learned that she recently became a vegetarian. I myself have been a vegetarian for almost 12 years and it took me what seemed like forever to learn how to eat a healthy vegetarian diet. For this reason I feel the need to spread the little wisdom I have and swap recipes with any fellow vegetarians who can help a girl out! Hope you enjoy my go-to Simple Spinach Burgers recipe!
Simple Spinach Burgers | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Servings: 4-5
What you’ll need:
- 1 bag of chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, either mozzarella or cheddar
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients into large bowl. Be sure to drain the spinach as much as possible (any excess water makes a difference in the texture of your burgers).
- Shape patties and cook on medium heat in a pan coated with cooking spray.
- After about 5 minutes your Spinach Burgers will be ready to eat!
For a little Extra Flavor –
- Mix Hellman’s Mayonnaise with Pesto for a tasty Spinach Burger spread!
- For one serving mix about 1 tbsp of Mayonnaise with about 1 tbsp of Pesto
Let me know how much you love these Simple Spinach Burgers once you’ve made them for yourself! And be sure to check out Nicole’s recipe on The Styled Rabbit! She made this amazing black bean cake that I cannot wait to try! (insert eye-heart emoji here!)