As many of you know, I leave for NYC with my two best friends in exactly one week (on my twenty-great birthday)! Since I haven’t been on a vacation in 3 years (pathetic I know), I found myself needing quite a few travel essentials before heading North to The Big Apple. Here are my NYC Travel Essentials in preparation of next week’s trip!
Since it seldom dips below 40 here in Raleigh, I was in need of a warm coat to survive the New York cold. I’m in love with my new Orolay Down Jacket and am positive it will keep me cozy during my trip. It’s gotten great reviews on Amazon and is under $100! Of course, I’ll layer with my go-to winter accessories, a felt hat and blanket scarf.
I was also in need of a good shoulder bag that would be easy to carry around the city. This Bucket Bag from Target is not only so stylish, but very functional (and on sale!). For the plane, I picked this perfect carry-on to transport all of my NYC travel essentials.
Something else I’ll need for the plane, besides an adult beverage, is an upbeat distraction. I’ve heard, “Nice is Just a Place in France,” is hilarious and I can’t wait to read it! I’ll be sure to review the book here on Courtney Fashionista once I’m finished!
I think of myself as quite the shoe connoisseur, but the one type that was missing from my wardrobe was, well, a comfortable pair. It was a great excuse to add these Aerosole booties and Michael Kors flats to my closet :). I’m definitely ready to explore NYC with these comfy kicks (even though, Carrie Bradshaw looked way better running around town in her Manolos!).
Be sure to follow all of the NYC fun via Instagram @CourtneyFashionista and Snapchat @CourtneyFashion!
Here is what we currently have on our NYC Bucket List:
- Go to Bryant Park (it will be Fashion Week!) and try to spot at least one celebrity
- Visit the Fashion District and Mood, pretend to be Tim Gunn
- Drink frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity, hope for young John Cusack to show up and sweep me off my feet
- Act like total tourists and snap 100 selfies on the Red Steps in Time Square
- Watch my best friend, Camellia, strut her stuff in the Futures Fashion Show!!!
- Climb to the top of the Empire State Building and hope for a young Tom Hanks to show up and sweep me off my feet
- Eat my weight in pizza! So far, I’ve been told to check out John’s in Greenwich Village and Mariella’s on 3rd Ave
Any other good recommendations for some NYC fun? Suggestions are much appreciated!